Do I really need a Bottle Warmer?
A bottle warmer is a product which might be a basic need for some people and not necessary for others. So it’s totally up to the parents whether to buy it or not and might depend on the nature of your baby as sensitive babies might need everything to be perfect. That’ why there isn’t any proper or complementary answer to this question. Tommee Tippee Bottle Warmer You should buy it.
But I think we all too busy in our own lives nowadays and we also never wanted to compromise our baby’s health. So in this situation, I prefer to unburden your life from these hectic as much as you can and try to spend more time with your baby rather than wasting it in fulfilling other necessities.
Now the question arises, which bottle warmer to use? I will review a specific product (Tommee Tippee Bottle Warmer) with you as I have personally used it for so long. An important feature to be noticed while buying any bottle warmer is that always read the specifications as most of the bottle warmers totally change the properties of breast milk and it will no more remain beneficial for your baby’s health.
About Tommee Tippee Bottle Warmer:
Tommee Tippee is one of the famous and fastest growing feeding bottle brands in the UK and now it’s spreading all over the world. Their motive says “Closer to Nature” which means to never compromise on the quality of products. It works on electricity which heats up baby bottles, jars, and formulated baby food quickly and safely. It preserves the nutrients beneficial for your baby’s health.
Why Tommee Tippee Bottle Warmers?
That’s the most important and concerned question arises that why only this product? Well, I am not saying that it’s the only beneficial product, there are a lot more products better in quality but that’s the best quality product at a cheap price I guess because all other warmers which preserve nutrients are very expensive.
|Nature of Product:||Baby Bottle Warmer / Baby Care Product|
|Product Name||Tommee Tippee Bottle Warmer|
|Weight of Product||14.7 Ounces (0.513 Kg)|
|Dimensions:||6.4 (Height) × 5.5 (Width) × 5 (Depth) Inches|
|Material of Product:||Plastic|
|Color of Product:||White and Grey (Also available in Black Color)|
|Requirement of Batteries:||No Battery Required|
|Heating Medium:||Water Bath|
|Targeted Gender for Usage:||Unisex|
|Targeted Age Group for Usage:||Feeding Babies|
|Safety Feature:||Thermostatic Control|
Design of Tommee Tippee Bottle Warmer:
It is available in 2 styles, one is called the bottle style and the other one is the bottle and pouch style.
Bottle Style: The whole product has a white color with a grey colored Tommee Tippee monogram written with a star in the middle of its front side. Below it has the same grey colored thermostatic control dial with the numbering of 0 to 3. It has a thin non-skid grey colored base which gives it an elegant look.
It has a small orange colored light just with the temperature dialer which is turned on when you set the temperature and it signifies that the bottle warmer started working and the light turned off when the milk in the bottle reaches the temperature. It has a wide and deep chamber which fits almost all types and sizes of baby jars, containers, and bottles. Tommee Tippee Bottle Warmer is also available in black color.
Bottle and Pouch Style: Almost all the features are the same in both in the styles but I prefer using bottle style even though the bottle and pouch style has some extra features to choose from.
First is to choose the starting temperature of milk from:
- Room Temperature
The second is to choose the type of container you are warming:
- Plastic Bottle
- Glass Bottle
The third and last one is for how much milk you like to warm:
- 2-3 fl-oz
- 4-6 fl-oz
- 6+ fl-oz
These features are presented on the warmer in the form of small shapes signifying these features and the written quantity of milk. It has a pouch basket comes with it in case you are heating a pouch so it will make it easy for you to remove the pouch from warmer. It also has cover or lid to close the chamber. But this style is very much expensive than the bottle style and it works the same way as the bottle style does so you just have to pay extra for some of the added features.
How to Use?
It is very easy to use. Just follow these steps:
- Place the food jar, pouch, or bottle in the chamber and fill it with water. Water level instructions can be given on the manual boxed with the warmer. Read the instruction carefully and follow them to get the optimal water level.
- Plug the power cord and switch on the power supply.
- For Bottle Style Warmer: By using the thermostatic control dial, adjust the temperature by following the instruction to get the properly warmed milk. Firstly keep the dialer to ‘min’ or ‘0’ and then move to the desired temperature number. When the light is turned on it signifies that the warmer started working.
- For Bottle and Pouch Style Warmer: This style has a power button rather than dialer. Just hold down this power button for 2 seconds to switch on and the red light in it will start blinking. As it has some added features so you have to choose the milk’s initial temperature (from frozen, refrigerated, or room temperature), type of container (plastic bottle, glass bottle/ jar, pouch), and quantity of milk (2-3 fl oz, 4-6 fl oz, or 6+ fl oz). Every feature has a separate button and green light press one time if you want the first feature to choose, press two times if you want the second one to set, and likewise press third time if you wanted to set the third feature.
- When the milk warms up, remove the bottle carefully holding it from the cap as the surrounding water can be hot.
- Before feeding the milk to your baby always check the temperature of the milk by testing it in the underside of your wrist. Turn off the warmer and remove water from it. Allow the warmer to cool down properly.
Does it heat up or just warms the milk?
As it has temperature setting so you can choose either to warm up or heat up properly. While just warming needs the setting from 1 to 2 and heating needs to be done at higher temperature mean at setting 3.
What is the maximum temperature it reaches?
The maximum temperature of water to which it can reach is 185°F (85°C).
What is the heating speed of this bottle warmer?
The heating time of the milk or food depends upon the size of the bottle, the quantity of milk and the temperature of milk (e.g. room temperature, frozen, or refrigerated).
|5 fl oz (150 ml) Bottle||5 Minutes
|9 fl oz (260 ml) Bottle||9 Minutes
|4 oz (113 g) Glass Jar||20 Minutes
Pros and Cons:
I have experienced a couple of pros and cons of this product. These are summarized as:
- Temperature setting option to control the temperature according to the need which prevents over-heating and over-boiling.
- Gathers a little space to be placed.
- It only uses 110V of electricity.
- Don’t need very much requirements to be fulfilled, very easy to use.
- Preserve nutrients of breast milk and other baby foodstuffs.
- BPA-free and Phthalate-free.
- Fits all types of Tommee Tippee baby bottles and most of the other brand bottles and baby jars.
- Light signifies the on and off status.
- It doesn’t have a separate reservoir to keep the water. You just need to fill the chamber every time you use it.
- I think it takes a little longer to warm up but that might be because I have pre-imagined it to be super fast.