Boon Orb Bottle Warmer
Boon Orb Bottle Warmer is a spherically shaped product manufactured by a US-based new company ‘Boon’. They promised to deliver the most stylish, reliable, and technically high-functional baby care products in the reasonable price ranges. And I think this product definitely meets all these vows.
I really like the design of this product and it’s very handy. You can also keep it while going on a vacation because it’s very light-weight. A lot of question arises while talking about this product, let’s answer those and then I will share some pros and cons of this product as every product might have some flaws nothing can be made perfect.
|Name of Item||Boon Orb Bottle Warmer|
|Weight of Item||1.54 Pounds|
|Dimensions of Item||6.2 × 6.2 × 5.5 inches (15.8 × 15.8 × 14 cm)|
|Color of Product||White|
|Targeted Gender for Usage||Unisex|
|Product Type||Baby Care Product /Baby Bottle Warmer|
|Requirement of Batteries||No Battery Required|
|Safety Feature:||Auto Shut-off after the timer ends.|
Design of Boon Bottle Warmer:
It’s a white colored sphere shaped product with light green colored accents on it. There are two round green buttons on it. One of them is on the front side and the other one on the back side of it. The front one is an on-off button and the back one is the cover of the lid of a graduated tube which is inserted in this bottle warmer. This tube has a measuring grid or scale designed to measure the quantity of water.
It has a wide chamber on the top of it where your baby’s bottle would accommodate. This chamber can easily accommodate a standard size baby feeding milk bottle while it can also fit wide sized bottles by removing the green baskets from its opening. It can also fit small baby food containers to heat the baby portions or other food items.
The chamber contains a lift-out basket, adapter ring, and another basket covering these two. The lift-out basket makes it easy and handy to insert and remove bottle and jars inside as it won’t heat up and also contains a handle to bring it out easily. It has a non-skid base to protect it from sliding and keep the product in place.
How does it work?
It works on electricity. It has a power cord at the back side of the warmer. After plugging the power cord, switch on the power.
The only concerned thing is the amount of water to be added and you can easily find it on the manual boxed with the warmer. After pouring the water, switch-on the warmer from its button located at its front.
Steam will heat up the bottle very quickly and consistently and automatically turned off after heating. This is the best feature I love about this product that it automatically turned off so that in case you forgot to turn it off in a hurry or your baby is crying just rush to it and it will never burn or damage anything. That’s it; it is that much easy to use.
Does a different type of bottles need different water levels?
Yes, off-course, different types and sizes of bottles need different levels of water in the chamber. For instance, a regular bottle of 4 oz will heat up in 30 to 45 seconds while a silicon bottle of same 4 oz will take up to 4 minutes to heat up. You can get the detailed guidance on water levels in their manual. Just follow the instructions and keep going with the heating process.
Is there any temperature setting in it?
No, there isn’t any temperature setting option in it. So you don’t need to worry about adjusting the optimal temperature for heating.
How much does it require heating up the milk?
Heating time depends upon the amount of water you are taking but the average time it takes for heating is between 30 seconds to 4 minutes. You have to read the manual to find out the exact time for the amount of water.
There must be a lot of precaution to use this electric warmer but let me tell you some of the most important ones I have personally acknowledged by my experience.
- The first and foremost precaution is to read the manual completely and carefully.
- Follow the water level instructions given on the manual otherwise you will leave behind with the cold milk and also wastage of time.
- Never use a warmer right after heating it once, make at least a 10 minutes gap to reuse the warmer.
- Don’t remove the bottle until the warmer is turned off. Otherwise, you might end up with cold milk and the crying baby in your hands.
Summarizing all the facts, I suggest reading the manual right after receiving the product so that you can understand it thoroughly. This will not end up leaving you in trouble when your baby is crying and you actually need it immediately and don’t have enough time to read the manual. This will even not heat up your baby’s bottle properly and then you will have to wait for 10 minutes in any case.
Pros and Cons:
Reading the whole description might lead you to some pros and cons of this product. Let me summarize some of them so that it will help you while buying this product.
- Stylish and handy design.
- Easy to use, no complementary requirements.
- PVC-free, BPA free, and phthalate free.
- Stable and non-skid base.
- Safe and secure auto-off feature after the heating process is complete.
- It fits most of the bottles and even food jars.
- The handiest advantage I found is its lift-out basket. Even I put the milk bottle in it so that I can place out the bottle quickly and without harming my hands.
- Temperature is not adjustable. Rather it has an optimal auto temperature setting but I find it a drawback because you might need a different heating level according to the weather and baby’s habits.
- No signal or alert after the heating is finished.
- Too much cooling time i.e., 10 minutes. Rather it’s the normal cooling time for mostly bottle warmers but I think manufacturers should make it even work faster.