Nowadays life is too busy to prepare our own foodstuff ourselves or watch them cooked. But we all won’t compromise our baby’s health even in our busy routines. I have advised by a lot of friends and doctors not to use a microwave for baby’s food and here comes the point then what to use when we are in a hurry and our baby is hungry. I think bottle warmers are the best option in this regard. I have tried Kiinde Kozii Bottle Warmer a few months back and it’s just an amazing product.
About Kiinde Kozii Bottle Warmer:
Kiinde Kozii Bottle Warmer is a white colored bottle warming product designed for quick and safe heat up of baby milk, food items, and other food items stored in feeding bottles, baby jars and bags of approximately all sizes and shapes. It is manufactured by a well-known company Kiinde. Their products are used worldwide, and they acquire a name in the perfection of quality products.
What makes it different from other Bottle Warmers?
The most important fact that makes this product different and efficient from others is that it’s the only baby bottle warmer which follows all the rules and safety measures advised by USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) and CDC (Centers for Disease Control).
|Product Type||Baby Care Product /Baby Bottle Warmer|
|Product Name||Kiinde Kozii Bottle Warmer|
|Weight of Product||2 Pounds|
|Dimensions||8 (Height) × 8 (Width) × 6 (Diameter) inches|
|Material of Product||Plastic|
|Color of Product||White|
|Requirement of Batteries||No Battery Required|
|Heating Medium||Water Bath|
|Technology Used||Patent pending SAFEHeat Technology,STEAM-FREE SafeHeat Technology|
|Targeted Gender for Usage||Unisex|
|Targeted Age Group for Usage||Feeding Babies|
|Safety Feature:||Auto Shut-off after the timer ends.|
Design of Kiinde Kozii Bottle Warmer:
This product comes in white color with a light green colored monogram of ‘Kiinde’ the manufacturer company at its front top side. It has a power cord at the bottom back side of the product.
There is a round timer button at the front side which has a numbering of 1 to 10 on it. It has a very wide chamber which fits almost all types and sizes of bottles, bags, and jars. It can also accommodate wide sized Comotomo bottles which usually don’t fit in mostly bottle warmer because they are wider than the normal ones.
How did it Work?
It works on the steam-free technology which used a water bath to warm the milk and food. It works the same as we use hot water in a bowl and dip the bottle or food into it to warm up. But this manual process of warming is time-consuming while this bottle warmer works very fast.
After plugging the power cord you just need to fill water in the warmer and set the timer. The swirling water bath will heat up the milk within time and will automatically turn off after the timer ends. This safety feature is absolutely amazing if you are in a hurry and forgot to plug out the warmer it won’t damage or burn your product or food inserted in its chamber.
The most convenient feature about this product is that you don’t need to pour and eliminate water after every use. It can store the water and you can change it occasionally.
Is there any specific instruction for setting the water level?
No, there aren’t any specific water levels to be set rather just to fill the chamber enough that it covers the word ‘FULL’ written inside the chamber.
How does it store water in the chamber for later use?
It has a large water reservoir for storing the water to eliminate the need to refill it with every use.
Is there any temperature setting in it?
No, this product doesn’t have any temperature setting rather it has a timer setting option. Most people confuse the two but the timer has no link with the temperature setting, it just sets the time of heating.
How much time is required for heating?
Heating time depends upon the type and amount of milk or food item.
- An 8 oz of Refrigerated Milk in Plastic Bottle takes about 10 to 15 minutes for heating.
- While an 8 oz of Refrigerated Milk in a Glass Bottle takes about 5 to 7 minutes for heating.
- A 3 oz of Frozen Milk in Plastic Bag takes about 8 to 10 minutes for heating.
- Whereas if you put 8 oz of Frozen Milk in Plastic Bag it will take more than 15 minutes for heating which means it will take up to 2 cycles to warm up properly.
Care and Cleaning:
You don’t need as much care instruction for using it while the most inconvenient thing I have probably found in this product is their cleaning process. That might be pro for the product to clean it properly but a con for the person like me who don’t usually likes cleaning. Well that’s might be the perspective of thinking and likings which might changes from person to person.
You can’t just submerge or dip it into the water to clean it up. You have to clean it by hand. I have read a lot of complaints that it stopped working after a few months but that’s totally due to missing cleaning processes. Because I have used it and cleaned it properly like a little cleaning and water changing after every 2 to 3 days and a mild cleaning after 1 or 2 weeks. Rather than that, I must do a proper cleanup after a month to make it work properly.
Isn’t that sounding too much hectic cleaning process? Well for me it is. But who cares if you have a product which also serves and saves your time a lot of times in a day when you have to feed and care for your baby.
Pros and Cons:
Let’s look at some of the pros and cons of this product I have summarized after my personal experience.
- Time setting option.
- Handy design and gathers a very little space.
- Easy to use, no complementary requirements.
- Save nutrients of your milk and foodstuff.
- It has a reservoir to store the water so that you don’t need to refill it every time you use.
- PVC-free, Lead-free, BPA-free, Phthalate-free, Latex-free, and Nitrosamine-free.
- Easily accommodate all sizes and kinds of baby bottles and jars.
- Safe and secure automatically shut-off feature after the completion of the timer.
- Doesn’t require time for cooling after use. You can just immediately put another bottle right after heating the one. That’s a huge advantage I guess.
- Not very faster, even works the same way and takes the same time as the warm water bowl.
- As I have already told you that I found it a disadvantage that it has an intense cleaning process which consumes a lot of time, effort and care. That bothers me a lot. And if not cleaned properly it might stop working properly.
- Very expensive as compared to other bottle warmers in the market.
- No temperature setting. Rather this drawback might cover up with the time setting option.